A few years back, my old nanny came back from studying abroad in Spain. When she came back, she showed my sister and I how to make tortilla de patatas. A lifelong lover of potatoes, I fell in love. My mother is usually the one to make it, but this week, I decided to try it myself.
- 1/2 gold potato
- 1/4 c. chopped yellow onion
- 6 large eggs
- some olive oil (enough to cover the pan with a thin layer)
- chop potatoes into small cubes.
- Heat oil on medium heat in a frypan.
- Add potatoes, onions, and salt into pan.
- Cook for about 15 min. or until lightly brown.
- Turn heat to low, and wait for pan to cool down.
- Beat eggs and pour into pan.
- Wait until cooked throughout, it can take a long time (if you want it to cook faster, try to flip it. But I warn, you I ruined quite a few of these before mastering it)
I would definitely recommend adding a lot of salt (unless you are afraid of sodium), because this can be fairly bland without it. You can also add things like mushrooms, peppers, or spinach to add flavor.